Right now I am feeling extremely humble because I have received, not one but three Mystery Blogger Awards. They come from three very talented sites whose links will be listed below. They are Rhyme and Reason, DB Movies Blog, and Plain Simple Tom’s Reviews. I am very thankful that they each nominated me, and I do apologize for the lateness of this post.
A big shout out goes to Okoto Enigma for creating this award in the first place. It’s damn good thing that this exists so we can help support each other.
The rules of the tag/award are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- I play the drums.
I have been doing it for at least a few years now, and I am getting better at it. Right Now I’m in two bands. One is a cover band called Victory Riot(Formally Parental Advisory), and the other that just got started is The Robbie Rist Power Pop Extravaganza.
2. I own a Laserdisc Player.
I also still buy discs whenever I can too. As you can see in this video, I have a pretty good selection
3. I have only worked on one movie set my entire life,and I no longer remember the name of it. All I do remember is that we were shooting a driving scene at night. I was the guy whose job it was to move a pair of light around like they were headlights from other cars every few minutes.
hmmm My Best Post is probably my
So here are the questions from DBMoviesBlog
- Do you have a favourite Oscar-winning (Best Picture category) film? If yes, what is it? Annie Hall
- Who is your favourite super-hero (be in it a comics or film)? Spider-Man
- Do you have a favourite movie which you have watched more times than any other in your life? If yes, what is it? Pulp Fiction
- Horror films are generally underappreciated. Would you agree? Not for those who love the genre it’s not
- If you were any home appliance, what would you have wanted to be? (a funny-weird question as required) Margot Robbie’s Bathtub.
Now for the questions from Plain Simple Tom Reviews
- What’s your favourite movie quote? Ughhh I can’t think of just one. I’lll just go with this gem from Heathers as you can see below
- Which book does everyone need to read, right now? The House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielwiski. It’s what I call an experimental novel because it plays with what a book can do, and it actually will scare you
- What would your last meal on Earth be? It depends on what Mars is serving.
- If it was Groundhog Day, what song would play for you every morning at 6 am? Vow By Garbage
- What have I got in my pocket? My Soul
Finally the last round of questions come from Rhyme and Reason
- What film(s) do you love that others seem to ignore or not even know about? Tape from Richard Linklater(3 actors inside one room and it’s brilliant)
- If you had to eat one food (or kind of food) for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza(There are tons of flavor combinations you can have on it so you never have the same one twice)
- If technology allowed us to live in an ideal virtual Matrix-world, would you choose that over reality? I thought were were already inside The Matrix
- What one film do you think is vastly overrated? I’m might get some shit for saying this, but The Fast and The Furious Franchise. There are way too many movies and the first one was just mediocre at best
- For a fun question, you have three paradox-free wishes that won’t come back to bite you (says a genie). What would they be? To have sex with Blake Lively while Ryan Reynolds wears his Deadpool costume and watches us. Oh and he also has to sing Wham’s Careless Whispers at the same time
LAST. THE VERN’S TOP 5 QUESTIONS
ScreenTrax(screentrax.net) is a new podcast I’m starting that reviews movies and the soundtrack that goes with them. What is your favorite Movie Soundtrack?
If you had the chance to live inside the world of one movie for a year. Which one would it be?
What do you find frustrating about the status of movie criticism and blogging?
What do you find rewarding about being a movie critic or blogger?
(Funny One/ Weird One) You have 45 days to find a partner. Otherwise you will be turned into an animal of your choice. Which animal do you pick?