Hello Troma Fans. I know I stated in my last article that I will be looking at “Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town“. But I wanted to feature a review from a fellow movie blogger instead. His name is Barry and he hosts the site Cinematic Catharsis. He was very nice to contribute to this challenge, and his choice was one that I have not seen yet. “The Toxic Avenger Part II“ Click on the link to read the full review. I will be back in just a few days with my own review, but until then. Enjoy.
Some other great Movie Sites.
- In Defense of I Heart Huckabees.Every other week I’m going to defend a movie that did not get that much love, but really should have. These are not unheard of classics or lost gems, but I feel that there was something in these films that … Continue reading →
- The Vern’s 5th Troma Challenge: Cannibal! The Musical.Cannibal! The Musical Cast: Trey Parker, Dian Blachar, Matt Stone Writer and Director: Trey Parker The title “Cannibal! The Musical” is kind of misleading. Oh there are musical numbers,and the story does feature characters eating people. It’s just not as … Continue reading →
- The Vern visits Filmwhys and The Forgotten Filmcast.Hello everyone. Last week I was very fortunate and lucky to have been a guest on not one,but two separate podcasts this week. Both shows were a lot of fun,and I urge everyone who reads this to please check out … Continue reading →
- The Vern writes a poem(review) about April Grace(The Movie)April Grace Cast: Steve White, Kelsey Lynn Stokes, Victoria Guthrie Writer: George Murray Director: Andrew Hutchinson Most people secretly hope that some day a person will come into their lives and help awaking some emotions of love and happiness inside … Continue reading →
- Criterion Corner: The Last Days of Disco(1998)The Criterion Collection for years have been releasing the best versions of movies on DVD and Blue Ray. They are hands down the ultimate praise a film can receive,and while many claim the Oscar to be the ultimate recognition. Having the … Continue reading →
- All Time Classics: Bringing Up Baby(1938).Bringing Up Baby(1938) Cast: Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, May Robson Writers: Hagar Wilde, Dudley Nichols Director: Howard Hawks. When I first watched this I was not expecting to laugh as much as I did. Screwball comedies was a genre I … Continue reading →
- The Vern sings poorly about West Side Story.I was recently asked to be a guest on the We Sing Poorly Podcast. The musical review show hosted by Nick of Your Face is a .com and Patrick of 100 Years of Movies. The title that was chosen for … Continue reading →
- The Vern gets some Sunshine and shares it with others.Very sorry about posting this so late in the week folks, but things get quite busy for me, and I’m not always able to complete things as soon as I would like. As I write this I am also preparing … Continue reading →
- The Vern reviews The Palme d’Or winner: Blue is the Warmest Color.Blue is The Warmest Color Cast: Adele Exarchopoulous Lea Seydoux, Salim Kechiouche Writers: Ghalia Lacroix, Abdellatif Kechiche(Screenplay) Julie Maroh(Graphic Novel) Director: Abdellatif Kechiche Portraying sex on-screen has always been a tricky thing for movies to show. It seems like most … Continue reading →
- The Vern Reviews: Problem Solving The Republic.Problem Solving The Republic. Cast: Tony D Czech, Douglas Sidney, Anika Reitman Writers: Adam Diviney, Elliot Diviney Director: Elliot Diviney. When people ask me what political party I belong to. My mind starts sprouting off lyrics to Public Enemy’s “By … Continue reading →
- In Defense of I Heart Huckabees.